Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Rework of a Paper

         For the fourth quarter revision assignment, I have chosen to revise and rework my literary analysis with particular attention to word choice and support. I found it exceptionally difficult to choose a piece of writing for this project. Looking at the rubric grading as well as the comments made choosing the areas of focus even more difficult. The scores on both of my first two papers were 95%, with a 9.5 of 10 in every category. To be completely honest, the prospect of trying to improve upon such writing is daunting. I fear more than anything else that I will do no more than unravel and have to rebraid the time consuming and carefully completed work. That is not a trap I wish to fall into.
          I chose the two areas of focus carefully, though I did  as well in them as in any other category. I remember from my writing of the literary analysis that in the last days of finalizing, word choice was something that gave me fits. I am loath to repeat the same word without particular attention to such repetition, yet I found myself doing just that. If memory serves, consulting a thesaurus was of little value to me, as it's synonyms are often inexact and falsely promising. Support, on the other hand, was something mentioned in the comments to pay greater detail and give more breaths to. I had the quotations and basic analysis that I needed, but it was said analysis that was lacking primarily length and marginally in what will hopefully become eloquence to my satisfaction.

1 comment:

  1. It's always difficult to revise a strong paper, but I think you made a good choice here with one that you can push your analysis and development even further. Your focus areas make sense to me, and I look forward to reading your revision.

    ReplyDelete