Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

In Defense of Little Brothers: A Big Sister's Manifesto

          They smell awful after football practice, pester you to no end, and act like they're all macho-man and cool, but what would we do without them? I love my little brother. We drive each other crazy occasionally, but we would both be bored out of our minds without the other around.
        A lot of sisters complain and whine about how horrible they have it, dealing with a little brother. Honestly, it isn't that bad. My brother, at least, is generally helpful and supportive, though he can't stand not to take a dig at me when the opportunity presents itself. We know each other better than just about anyone, as siblings, friends, and partners in crime. I understand that I'm lucky to have the little brother I do, but everyone who has a sibling can vouch for me: we wouldn't know what to do without them.
          I must say however, that I'm not too excited to be driving him home from practice in about a year. I have smelled few things more pungent than boys after football practice in August. They can make excuses for why, but I don't really care: they still stink. I suppose there is a down side to every relationship, and if a sweaty ride home is all I have to deal with, I think I'll be keeping my baby brother.

2 comments:

  1. It's good that you out-weigh the cons with the pros. It's also good that you try to understand your brother and his ways whether they are good or bad. I really can't relate that well since I have a little sister that's only two, but I do know what you mean when you say they are smelly after footbal practice considering I've been at school when the middle school football team finishes practice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true! You love them and you hate them at the same time! For people that dont have siblings this is a good post to help them get a real feeling of what it is like. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete