Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Reading Response 2

          This week I read Rapture by Lauren Kate. It is the 4th edition of a series I read the majority of over the summer. My log goes as such:

8/17- 15min. 8/19- 1hr 15min. 8/19- 30min. 8/20- 10min. 8/21- 10min. 8/25- 30min. Total: 170min. 1%-26% (I read it on my kindle, which doesn't give page numbers.)

          Rapture is an intense and dramatic book. I love fantasy, action, and drama, and this definitely fits the criteria. Main characters Lucinda Price and boyfriend Daniel Grigori (a fallen angel) are trying to stop Lucifer from wiping the slate clean back to the Fall. 7,000 years of history- gone. A thriller? Yea, you could say that.
          This series is high on my list of favorites because it is so easy to get lost in it. Kate does an excellent job of bringing the characters close to you, and making the far-fetched story of star-crossed lovers Luce and Daniel come to life. Rapture's complicated plot, cinematic story, and dramatic telling are all major bonuses in my mind.
          Just like Struck (see Reading Response 1), I would recommend this novel to almost any teen. I'm not sure it would appeal to many boys, but who am I to stop them? I love Rapture. Unfortunately, I will probably finish it by next week.

1 comment:

  1. Why hello there Mary Beth. Rapture sounds like a very good book, although I'm not really one for books about star-crossed lovers (then again, I'm reading the last of the Hunger Games books). I find it interesting that you said you'd be done with it by next week, because if I had my way I wouldn't be done with my book for another twenty years. I don't really like to read books, and do most of my reading researching on things that interest me.

    ReplyDelete