Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Comment Conversations

           I love these comments. It's great that we can give each other advice, show appreciation towards our classmates writing, and laugh about things together. So, here are a few responses:


  • Big Bethy, Tre... really?
  • Cameron: You're right that repetitive subjects can become boring, but personally I haven't reached that point.
  • Katie: I'm glad I could recommend a new book to you. You'll love Struck.
  • Joe: I'm not a big fan of researching just for the fun of it myself, especially if a new novel or the next edition of a series awaits me. I like the idea of losing myself in fiction, partaking in a little make-believe, but if information is more "your thing," go for it.
          As you can see, I had a hard time deciding who to respond to. One thing I must say a bit more about though, is Tre's comment. The nickname... well, I don't think I'm going to stop you now. After a year of insisting on it, it seems to be pretty much stuck in your head. Anyhow, no, I'm afraid we managed to eat all of the roast. It was absolutely wonderful (not to tease you or anything...) If you want to try it out yourself, the recipe was basically stated in my previous blog, Hurricane Hunger. Here it is again:
  • 1 pork shoulder
  • Cut the meat off the bone into large chunks.
  • Liberally season the roasts with salt and pepper.
  • Brown the meat in a skillet.
  • Throw all the chunks into a roasting pan with an onion, chopped into pretty big pieces, 2 bottles of beer, a little bit of water, and stick it in the oven for about 6 hours. Talk about good.
          I hope I keep getting comments that can either make me laugh or think more about a subject. Honestly, I wasn't so sure about the whole idea of having an "English Blog," but its growing quickly on me. The interaction of the comments is definitely a great bonus.

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Gosh, Mary Beth. You had me thinking i was in my kitchen baking thanksgiving meal! nice comment response... but now i'm starving.

    ReplyDelete