Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Reading Response 6

          This week I worked on my literacy narrative and read Revelation, the last book of The Guardians trilogy. My log goes as such:

9/17- 20min. 9/18- 45min. 9/19- 1hr. 9/21-2hrs. Total: 4hrs 5min. 1%-46%

          On my literacy narrative, I've hit a bit of an issue. I don't know what to do now. I'm happy with what I have, but I don't know how much more I can revise without completely tearing it apart and rebuilding it (and I really don't want to do that because I think it's pretty much good where it is.) If we have another draft to do, other than the final, I may just be stuck.
         
          One suggestion in the writing group was to expand the ending more. I understand that my ending is somewhat abrupt, but I want to make it easy for the reader to connect the introduction, main body, and conclusion and understand my overarching point: that for one to write well, one must first read well. I almost want to avoid making my conclusion long and rigorous. It has power as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment