Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Reading Response 5

          This week I finished Vendetta, as well as quite a bit of AP World History reading. My log goes as such:

9/11- 30min. 9/12- 1hr. 9/15-2hrs. 9/16-1hr. Total: 270min. 43%-100% (kindle), pgs. 61-65, 181-187.

          Since I doubt that anyone really wants to hear about how exciting my AP World History reading was, as you all already know, I will make another response to Vendetta. I don't feel the need to write out any summary, because by last blog included a bit of that. I will simply say that I genuinely hate cliff hangers. I don't really care that there is another book in the series (which I intend to start as soon a I finish this blog.) They still frustrate me. Maybe that's why so many authors use them. They keep you turning pages, yearning for the closure that you'll have to wait until the next edition of the series to find.
          The next book of this series is Revelation. Hopefully my hunger for a happy ending will be satisfied. I know it's somewhat cheesy to want that ever predictable "happily ever after" kind of scenario, but I have yet to talk to anyone who likes it when a book ends in the tragic death of the main character or their love. It just doesn't work that way. If I'm going to read a novel, I want it to take my mind off of reality, not throw me into deep thought about the situation of the main character when one of their best friends dies in the last chapter of the book and it ends without wrapping it all up. I just don't enjoy that nearly as much.

1 comment:

  1. You don't like cliff hangers? I think they are rather overused and a cheesy action-writing archetype nowadays. Seems like an interesting book; if it is anything like the movie. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete